>I said to DH tonight over dinner … “Sometime this week we need to talk about Christmas.” YIKES!!! It’s the first of November – this year has flown by for us (well, for me at least). We are finally having a consistent week of cooler weather here in the south also, so I will be pulling out some slow cooker and casserole meals. There is just something about a daytime high in the 50s that make the slow cooker very appealing! We are looking forward this week to an early Christmas present for ourselves – we’re going to the Casting Crowns and Matt Redman concert – fun!!
Visit I’m An Organizing Junkie for over 200 menu plans each week!
- Taco Casserole (use chicken instead of ground beef), green salad
- *Toscano soup in slow cooker (see recipe below), French bread
- Aussie Chicken, yellow rice, and roasted butternut squash
- Homemade pizza with green salad
Baking, Breakfast, Snacks:
- Banana chocolate chip muffins
- Baked Cinnamon Chips
- Bacon cheddar biscuits for DH
Slow Cooker Toscano Soup
adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It 5-Ingredient Favorites
- 1 lb Italian sausage links (I use Johnsonville brand) – sweet or hot depending on your taste
- 4-15 oz cans Great Northern Beans, do not drain or rinse
- 1 large bunch of kale – remove tough stalks and tear into bite size pieces
- approx 6 cups chicken broth, or water with boullion or base
- pepper to taste – black or red flake are great
1. Slice sausage into disks approx 1/2 inch thick
2. Brown sausage in non stick skillet just to get a bit of color – they will finish cooking thoroughly in slow cooker
3. Place browned sausage, beans, broth, and prepared kale in a LARGE (5-6 quart) slow cooker
4. Cook 6-8 hours on low
5. Taste and add pepper if needed. It should not need salt with the chicken broth, but adjust the seasonings as needed.