>It’s Holy Week! The week we remember and celebrate the incredible sacrifice made by – and through – our Savior. I have been eagerly anticipating this week. Little man is on Spring Break, my mom is retiring this week, DH gets a 3 day weekend to celebrate Good Friday, and we have a fun trip planned to visit friends. There are so many wonderful things happening in my life this week and reasons to celebrate. The absolute best thing about the coming week though will be the Easter celebration – not the bunnies, Peeps, or plastic colored eggs. Our Easter celebration will focus on our risen Savior and how we can serve Him. I can’t wait! Yes, we will eat this week too …
- Grilled chicken salad – I cooked up 3 lb of honey Dijon marinated chicken and have a huge salad in the ‘fridge. Put them together an call it dinner!
- Grilled pork chops with pineapple salsa, asparagus, and Buttery Bread Sticks
- * Pork Carnitas with lettuce, salsa, cheese, etc.
- I would like to make White Chicken Enchiladas on Friday, but I highly suspect we’ll end up at mom and dad’s grilling out. Maybe I’ll just bookmark the recipe for another night.
Breakfast, Baking, Freezer:
- I have about 8 lb split chicken in the freezer – I plan to thaw it, cook it in the slow cooker, shred it, and plunk it back in the freezer for future use. I got it when it was on sale and was too lazy to prep it properly. Hence, it’s still in the freezer.
- Strawberries and Cream Bread (I may enough berries for 2 loaves)
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Cinnamon Rolls (over the weekend)