>It’s the last week of preschool for us and the first week with DH working his new job from our home every day. So, I am working harder to restock the freezer and pantry with quick, healthy, yummy meals and snacks. Since all 3 of us will be home now, it’s essential to plan ahead to avoid the 12:00 rush for fast food and the even more costly 5:30 take out orders. We will be heading to the pool nearly every day starting next week and I am on the lookout for nutritious meal options that can be easily packed into a cooler.
- Baked Chicken Fingers (double batch), Baked Meyer Lemon Fries, and coleslaw
- Grilled BBQ Chicken, pasta salad, grilled asparagus or corn
- Cheeseburgers, baked beans, and tater tots
- Pizza night with green salad
- Margarita marinated grilled steak with homemade guacamole, Mango Pico de Gallo, and tortilla chips
- My two biggest time savers when it comes to lunch are to prepare a batch of basic pasta salad and a huge green salad early in the week. Then, I can use leftover meat and add a yogurt to have a complete lunch in less than 5 minutes.
- Baked Chicken Fingers over green salad with homemade croutons
- BBQ Chicken over pasta salad
- Quesadillas using leftover grilled steak
- Steak sandwiches with horseradish cream and chips