>Is it that time again, already?? I vowed to do better this summer staying on a plan and have failed woefully. Try, and try again, right?
We have a fun week planned here. I am praying that the Lord gives us the motivation and momentum to tackle all the opportunities presented in the next 7 days. I find it so easy to open up my planner and write down commitments without consulting Him first. I am being convicted daily by the words of King Solomon “Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.” Proverbs 19:21.
And yet, here I am – making another plan! This time revolving around food. We have to eat though. And I am happier and more confident knowing we have options close at hand without running to the grocery every day for some obscure, one time use ingredient.
- Grilled salmon, green salad, and pasta with homemade pesto sauce
- Teriyaki chicken and pineapple in the slow cooker with rice and broccoli
- Italian sausage with peppers and onions on hoagie rolls
- Pizza with green salad or Chinese take out
- C.O.R.N. (clean out refrigerator night)
- Chewy Granola Bars
- Lemon Cake (my mom’s recipe and a summertime favorite in our home)
- Whole Wheat Cinnamon Waffles (double batch and flash freeze – so yummy!)
Have a blessed week in your homes!!!