One of the most daunting and terror inducing phrases in any home is “what’s for dinner?” Gasp!! I have been bad, no pitiful, at planning a menu since returning to work 5 months ago. We slide, we skate, we skirt … somehow we all get fed, but there have been way too many calls to DH while he’s en route from work with panic and urgency in my voice – “Can you please stop and pick up …” I’m done with that! There’s enough stress involved with working, being a good wife and mom, being a good daughter and friend, and above all, being a good witness for a life in Christ. If I’m stressed and irritated, the whole family suffers and I am sure my witness suffers. So … back to a stringent menu plan I go!
- Fried rice, green beans, maybe a spinach and orange salad
- Lemon Chicken with Potatoes and Mushrooms
- Pork Chops with Soy Orange Sauce, Crash Hot Potatoes (my all time FAVORITE thing to do with ‘taters), iceberg wedge salad
- Brinner – one of my favorite nights of the week … eggs, bacon, biscuits, maybe some sort of gravy … yum!!
- Chewy Granola Bars with semi sweet chips, no dried fruit – thank-you-very-much – says little man 🙂
This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday at I’m an Organizing Junkie.