Fall has arrived!!! I bought my first (of many) cans of organic pumpkin puree from Trader Joe’s this week and I could not wait to make our stand-by fave muffin. I have been making this muffin for about 4 years and little man loves them. There’s no easier way to get him to consume pumpkin, apples, and whole wheat!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (adapted from Marg’s recipe)
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 cup unsweetened applesauce (I make my own, but if you buy some make sure to use organic, unsweetened)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin (Trader Joe’s Organic)
- 1 cups sugar
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 (heaping) teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semisweet mini chocolate chips
Mix first 5 ingredients together; separately, mix dry ingredients.
Blend the two mixtures together, fold in chips.
Generously fill 24 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. (I have found the paper liners don’t work very well.).
Bake at 400 degrees F. for 16-20 minutes. Mine were done at 18 minutes.