It’s getting warm here in the South. We are anticipating temperatures in the upper 70’s all week. That means a return to lighter, simpler fare at out house. One of my goals this Spring and Summer is to find ways to make meal preparation more simple in the evenings. Being back at work full time for almost years, you’d think I would have a system down. Yet, 5:15 is often upon us and I am scrambling. I hope to try some new recipes and techniques and will be glad to share what I learn (and what flops!).
- Cheddar Polenta Croquettes with field greens and broiled asparagus
- I will make the polenta one night after dinner and allow it to cool. That way, all I have to do when ready to eat is pan fry it and broil the asparagus.
- Butternut Squash Tacos, Refried Beans
- I plan to make the big batch of beans, portion and freeze. Also, I’ll peel and cut the squash the night before.
- Spaghetti Pie with homemade sauce, green salad
- Tomato Basil Soup with grilled cheese sandwiches
- Gingerbread Waffles – make, portion, and freeze for easy breakfast and snakcs for little man